It was good to see so many of you at the outdoor track meeting. We are really looking forward to working with you this season! It could be one of our greatest ever. Davis Track & Field has a tradition of greatness and each of you can do your part to keep that tradition going.
Everyone should have a few goals with track & field:
1) Do your best - work hard in practice, learn your event, and be confident at the track meets. If you give a full effort, you will get stronger and faster. This includes coming to practice when you may not feel like it and staying through the end of practice. Be committed.
2) Make friends - contribute to a positive energy on our team. Be unified and inspire and encourage others. Make it your TEAM!
3) Have FUN - enjoy your experience. It should be hard, but it can also be very rewarding. I think if you have a positive attitude and enjoy what you are doing, your performances will be so much better.
Emails - Let me know if your parents would like to be added to the email list. Most of the emails will also be posted at www.darttrack.blogspot.com
Track Apparel (attached) - Order #1 is now due by Wednesday (March 1), order #2 is due by Tuesday (March 14).
Upcoming Schedule and Important Dates:
Monday 2/27 - After school practice - meet in the bleachers (or big gym if weather is bad) at 2:45.
Tuesday 2/28 - (ACT Day) - Practice at 1:30 on the outdoor track.
Wednesday 3/1 - 4th period or practice at 2:45 on the outdoor track.
Thursday 3/2 - Time Trials - sprinters, hurdlers, jumpers will be running the 100m and 300m, throwers measuring at the shot put.
Friday, 3/3, Time Trials - high jump, long jump, javelin, discus.
Monday, 3/6 - PHYSICALS at the school - 5:30pm. Bring your signed A-Form (attached to this email). $15.
Tuesday, 3/7 - Eligibility Requirements DUE (see below).
Wednesday, 3/8, DRUG CONSENT MEETING with one parent - cafeteria at 5:00pm.
Friday, 3/10 - Alumni Meet at Davis High.
2017 Outdoor Track Schedule - http://darttrack.blogspot.com/p/2014-schedule.html
FIVE Eligibility Requirements -
1) Go to www.registermyathlete.com - if you already have an account, login and add track & field as your sport and then fill in the appropriate forms. If you do NOT have an account, create an account, add track & field as your sport, and fill in the appropriate forms. Please do this ASAP (tonight if you can).
2) Pay $90 in the office or online ($65 participation fee, $20 transportation fee, $5 drug test fee). If you are in the track class, this has been entered on mydsd as a fine. If you are NOT in the track class, you will have to pay the fee in the office. Or email me to request adding the fee online.
3) Physical - if you already played a sport at Davis this year, you are done with this step. If you have not yet played a sport, you will need to get a physical (using the A Form). You can do this with your own doctor or physicals will be available at Davis High on Monday, March 6th at 5:30pm for $15.
4) Drug Test Consent Form - If you have already participated in a sport this year at Davis, you are done with this step. If this is your first sport, you and ONE of your parents needs to attend the meeting on Wednesday, March 8th in the Cafeteria at 5:00pm. If one of your parents cannot attend on that night, they will need to stop in to the office and meet with Brad Chapple (vice principal) to get the information.
5) Academic/Citizenship Eligibility - You need to have received higher than a 2.0 on 2nd term grades and have all of your 'U's cleared in order to participate. Please take care of the 'U's ASAP. If you received lower than a 2.0, you are not eligible until you get above a 2.0 during 3rd term. You can attend practice until then, but cannot participate in meets or be excused from school.
It really is going to be a great year!! Let me know if you have any questions.
Twitter - @davistrackandxc
Instagram - @davistrackandxc