Sunday, April 30, 2017

Davis Track Update - Davis Invite!!

Darts -
Just a short email this weekend. I really wanted to quickly take the opportunity to thank all of you (athletes and coaches) and your parents for making the Davis Invite a HUGE success yesterday. I received compliment after compliment from visiting coaches and athletes. They were all very impressed with our program. I appreciate your hard work and patience during the week, and I am extremely humbled and grateful for the sacrifices this TEAM made yesterday. Event after event, I felt like we had athletes and volunteers stepping up to make it work. In my opinion, this is the best track meet in Utah because of the teamwork it takes to pull it off. Anyway, thank you all - from the bottom of my heart. I said it last night at the podium - and I will repeat it here: If we can bring the same energy, passion, hard work, and unity into the final 3 weeks of our season - we will have accomplished a great deal. Win or lose (at the end), let's be determined to walk away satisfied with our best efforts.
We also had some killer performances. I will go over a few of them at practice tomorrow, but you can see the full results at http://results.runnercard.com/Results/results.jsp?meetid=1001082

This Week:
Monday-Tuesday: Normal Practice
Wednesday: Home Meet against Layton (3:00pm) - Final chance to qualify for Region
Thursday: Junior High Meet (will need help)
Friday: No Practice (individual workouts posted on the track doors)
Friday-Saturday: BYU Meet (rough draft schedule and entries attached)

Wasatch Front Last Chance Meet @ Skyridge High School (Saturday May 6) -
If you didn't quite qualify for the BYU Invite, we would like to send a group to the meet at Skyridge (in Lehi) next Saturday. I can enter up to 5 people per event. We will talk about the opportunities at practice on Monday and Tuesday.

Prom - Those of you who we end up entering in the BYU Invite or the Wasatch Last Chance Meet will need to communicate with me if your Prom dates will conflict. No stress on this one - we will just do the best we can. I don't want to ruin your prom 😊

Remaining Schedule:
Wednesday, May 3 - Layton @ Davis
Friday-Saturday, May 5-6 - BYU Invite
Saturday, May 6 - Wasatch Last Chance Meet (Skyridge HS)
Wednesday-Thursday, May 10-11 - Region Championships @ Davis High (More details to come)
Tuesday, May 16 - JV Region Meet (For Sophomores and all athletes not competing at Region) - Site TBD.
Friday-Saturday, May 19-20 - State Championships @ BYU (More details to come)
Thursday, May 25 - TEAM BBQ at Barnes Park - 6:00pm

Thanks again for a great week.
Let me know if you have any questions!
Coach Talley

No comments: